People that have purchased hot tubs from Aquasun tend to rejoice at the added energy they have, enjoy better quality sleep, and the ability to do more with their day. From a physical perspective, hot tubs help relieve the stress and tension from sore muscles no-end, with buoyancy reducing your weight by 90% and powerful jets soothing away tension via massage. Heat increases circulation by dilating blood vessels meanwhile, and your emotional health can be positively influenced too. Soaking in a hot tub allows you to become immersed in the warm water, disconnecting and decompressing, before emerging a renewed figure. These factors combine to ultimately allow hot tub owners to lead more active and fulfilled lives.
The Healing Power of Water
Since the time of ancient Greeks, people have found natural healing powers in bubbling pools of hot water. Throughout the ages, the Romans, Greeks, Japanese and other cultures have realised its many benefits through spirit, mind and body. Hot tubs can create the same effect.
Relaxation and Stress Reduction
Researchers have estimated that 80% of disease is stress related.
Stress can have an adverse effect on health on health – the heart works harder, breathing becomes more rapid and shallow and digestion slows. Nearly every process of the body is degraded.
- Relaxing in a spa stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural ‘feel good’ chemical, give you a sense of well-being and rejuvenation.
- Warm water and a soothing massage relieves anxiety and relaxes tense muscles.
A hot tub provides a sanctuary for quiet moments alone or to connect with family and friends.
Soothes Aches and Pains
Many physicians and physical therapists recognise the value of a hot tub as an ideal environment for rehabilitation therapy.
• Eases muscle pain, fatigue, stiffness and soreness due to sports activities and exercising.
• Raises body temperature and causes blood vessels to dilate, resulting in increased circulation and blood flow which accelerates the body’s natural healing process.
• Speeds the elimination of lactic acids and other toxins, which are replaced by oxygen and the body’s natural nutrients.
• Relaxes muscles and stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers.
• Ideal environment for stretching which can help stimulate the production or retention of lubricants between connective tissue fibres.
Helps increase flexibility and range of motion, which can help prevent exercise-related injuries
Arthritis Pain Relief
The Arthritis Foundation recognises the benefits of hydromassage and warm water exercise to help relieve arthritis pain.
• Reduces body weight by approximately 90%, relieving pressure on joints and muscles and making it a safe and gentle environment for warm water exercise.
• Increases circulation and helps move inflammatory substances away from the joints.
• Allows muscles to become relaxed, which creates an overall feeling of comfort and makes it easier to carry out daily tasks.
• Raises the body’s temperature and causes blood vessels to dilate, resulting in increased circulation.
• Decreases swelling and stiffness and restores strength and flexibility, which can help increase range of motion and protect joints against further damage.
A morning soak in a hot tub can provide temporary relief from arthritis pain and help you feel better throughout the day.
According to a medical study conducted by a the Mayo Clinic, the cardiovascular stress of a 15-minute soak at 104 degrees is mild – much less than the stress of the light exercise most people with heart disease are advised to do.
Get a Better Night’s Sleep.
• According to a study in the scientific journal Sleep, a drop in body temperature can help to ease your body into a deeper, more relaxing sleep.
• Hydromassage is a natural remedy, unlike prescription & over-the-counter drugs and alcohol, all of which make you feel groggy and have other adverse side effects.
Relaxing in hot water for 15 minutes before bedtime enables you to drift into a deeper, more relaxing sleep.
A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine indicates that soaking in a hot tub can be beneficial for people who are affected with Type 2 Diabetes.
• Can reduce blood sugar levels by 13%.
• Increases overall sense of well-being.
• Promotes improved sleep.
Ideal for individuals who are physically unable to endure rigorous activity.
Contact us about Hot Tub Health Benefits
If you are keen to obtain more information regarding the many health benefits associated with regular hot tub use, then please be sure to get in touch with the Aquasun team, who will be happy to help in any way we can. Either leave your details on our contact us page and wait for us to get back to you, or give us a call on 028 2763 7988 from Northern Ireland.